Friday, February 5, 2010

When Bo Entered my Life

2/4/2010 (I'm putting dates now because my blogger template doesn't record dates.. hmp)

Not THAT Bo ;-)

I'm talking about inspirational writer/ speaker Bo Sanchez. I am not that familiar with his work in Kerygma, but I was able to catch a few "words of wisdom" from a video of him after hearing mass at the Pavilion Mall in Binan, Laguna. This made me curious so I browsed around his stuff in the nearby bookstore. All his books looked interesting and I didn't know where to start!

I picked up "Simplify and Live the Good Life", which promises to teach its readers "how to create wealth in every area of your life as defined by your values, not as defined by the standards of society" I read the first chapter (yes, at the bookstore..) and I was hooked.

I admit that I am far from simple (not in the Kris Aquino way...) - I love fancy things and lots of drama, and I also make a big deal out of simple stuff (which is not bad at all, but I sometimes go overboard...). Sam has taught me a lot about simplicity. And I thank him for that. I no longer feel deprived whenever we don't do something fancy for our anniversary, or when we don't get to go out on a movie date because of budget constraints. And whenever I DO feel deprived, I gently remind myself that ~ hey , you have everything that you need to live.

(Bo also emphasizes that simplicity does not mean forcing yourself to live in poverty. More about that as we go along, if I can keep up with my journaling)

The first chapter of the book, entitled "Live from the Core of Your Being" says to embrace what is most important to you and work from there. Discover your core and let it inspire you to make your daily decisions and actions.

Hence, I begin my "Simplify" journal. This does not mean that I will end my quest in searching for Financial Freedom -- this just means that I am just seeking more motivation for me to reach my goals.

Journal:
What is my core? What are the most important things in my life right now?

~ My family and family togetherness. I want everyone to stay healthy and happy.
~ Being able to "give back to my parents" for all the non-material and material things they've given me. I long for the time that I can already provide for them (I am an only child, and they've given me sooo much even up to now!! It's time that they take a break!)
~ Living free from financial worries. May be hard to digest, but freedom from financial worries may give way to a happier and healthier life.
~ Keeping friendships. Being able to help others. Doing my job (any job) with commitment and integrity.

Try reflecting on these things as well :-) I hope you can share them with me!

1 comment:

  1. Do not use all of these Private Money Lender here.They are located in Nigeria, Ghana Turkey, France and Israel.My name is Mrs.Ramirez Cecilia, I am from Philippines. Have you been looking for a loan?Do you need an urgent personal or business loan?contact Fast Legitimate Loan Approval he help me with a loan of $78.000 some days ago after been scammed of $19,000 from a woman claiming to be a loan lender from Nigeria but i thank God today that i got my loan worth $78.000.Feel free to contact the company for a genuine financial call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 Email:(fastloanoffer34@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails