Friday, February 5, 2010

50 Blessings

2/5/2010

Chapter 2 of Bo Sanchez' "Simplify and Live the Good Life" has plenty of quotes worth sharing! I wanted to choose just one, but what the heck, I'll just share them all.

"There are two ways to get enough: one is to continue to accumulate more and more.
The other is to desire less." - GK Chesterton

"If you develop the capacity to suck all the joy that life has to offer,
you don't need expensive entertainment."

"Focus on what you have, not on what you don't.. because satisfaction doesn't come from getting what you want but wanting what you already have"

The chapter, entitled "Live on Less and Delight in it More" emphasizes the value of counting your blessings. I am so guilty about griping about small stuff that I easily forget all my blessings (and I have so much!) Bo encourages his readers to list down 50 blessings ~ things that I have right now that I sometimes take for granted. It was really hard to think about all 50, but it felt really good once I listed them all. I know there are a lot more!

1. Sam. The husband who tries to give me everything I want but also plays a big role in "grounding" me and helping me live simply.
2. My enthusiastic, supportive, cool parents.
3. The coming of _____. Oops. I'm not ready to share this one just yet!
4. Despite the financial crunch we're experiencing right now.. we are still able to cope with the essentials, and then some. (It's quite amazing how we're able to manage)
5. My "temp" job. And other "temp jobs" that come my way.
6. Very encouraging friends. Friends who believe in me and my abilities. Thank you.
7. My GFI business. Struggling, yes - but the journey is inspiring me.
8. Dream achieved: Living at Fort.5
9. Text messaging
10. My "inherited" comforts. So glad that I had smart ancestors. We need not worry about having a place to live in when worse comes to worst.
11. My very generous family.
12. Ability to express myself through writing.
13. I know people who trust me and believe in me :-)
14. My education. Academic, or otherwise.
15. That I grew up comfortable with both Tagalog and English.
16. I think I am well-traveled. To quote Janet Jackson, "I've seen the world, been to many places"
17. HOPE. Not losing Hope.
18. I had my fair share of birthday parties while growing up :-) Had a nice 1st birthday (so they tell me) , a cool joint 7th birthday party with some friends (it was called 7-11 with Lisa and Ronald) , and a cheezy 18th debut. Hehe.
19. The Internet , Email and reconnecting through social networking sites
20. I am where I wanted to be. It did not turn out exactly as I pictured it, but I have no right to complain :-)
21. So thankful for my experience with Ayala Foundation. So thankful for all my FAFI friends.
22. I am finally learning how to cook. I also have a good stove to practice with.
23. Had pretty neat experiences while growing up that make for good stories. Almost drowning in a Las Vegas pool, being on Batibot, getting chased around the village by a doctor with a needle... etc etc.
24. A nice curriculum vitae.
25. A loving Yaya. She's still with us up to now!
26. Surviving UPLB and having a unique degree , Human Ecology!
27. Sam's always been safe. For this I am truly blessed.
28. We have a TV with an antenna that catches Channel 2 ! :-) Okay na walang cable.
29. I've visited nice beaches and there's still a lot more left for us to visit.
30. We had a nice wedding :-) I had the cake that I wanted and ice cream on the menu... And the photos we have are full of really happy people!
31. There are ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES. I am still looking forward to good opportunities. I am optimistic!
32. The possibility that Gilbert Teodoro will become our next president. Walang atrasan...
33. I've been given the chance to help people in small ways.
34. UP Rural High School
35. Photoshop.
36. Experiencing (and surviving) a hold-up at gunpoint!
37. Surviving the loss of baby Sarie and learning something from it.
38. Blogging. Multiply. Knowing that you can establish a "presence" in this world for FREE.
39. Knowing how to swim and having a swimming pool nearby.
40. New and promising friendships.
41. Loving good books.
42. Public transportation and knowing my way around (kahit limited, pwede na din!)
43. Getting MIA!!! :-) What a bundle of joy.
44. Cameras. Pictures. Fun Memories.
45. I know how to drive.
46. I have lived in comfort but I am not shielded from reality.
47. I have a US Visa, have unused travel mileage that can bring me to the US , and an aunt in the US who's very generous. It's just a question of when to go..
48. Knowing that the biggest challenge that I have to overcome is my laziness :oP Sa lahat ng gusto kong mangyari, sarili ko lang ang kalaban ko. Nobody and nothing else.
49. Hey, I had a pretty healthy Love life growing up ;-)

and..

50. If it sometimes feel that we don't have enough, (because of this list) I can now be reminded that we have more than enough.


What are your 50 blessings?



2 comments:

  1. naiyak ako sa list. I feel too blessed to be depressed. You are a blessing to me too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do not use all of these Private Money Lender here.They are located in Nigeria, Ghana Turkey, France and Israel.My name is Mrs.Ramirez Cecilia, I am from Philippines. Have you been looking for a loan?Do you need an urgent personal or business loan?contact Fast Legitimate Loan Approval he help me with a loan of $78.000 some days ago after been scammed of $19,000 from a woman claiming to be a loan lender from Nigeria but i thank God today that i got my loan worth $78.000.Feel free to contact the company for a genuine financial call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 Email:(fastloanoffer34@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails