Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Diaper Rush

So great to be back here in our small home where everything is within reach. We had to be forced-evicted from Laguna because the house’s ceiling there was infested by termites! The smell of the pesticide is bad for the baby (and mommy , who almost got sick upon first sniff of the dust and the pesticide.. had to take major doses of Vit C.) My mom stays here with me throughout the day, and of course, my dad lives with us here.. so – kumpleto ang pamilya ngayon!

My days with Tonyo here are numbered tho, because I go back to the office next week and he gets left behind in our home in Laguna with Wowa. I will get to see him when I go home mid-week and the weekends. We decided not to get a new yaya yet while he’s so small. Probably in 6 months or so. I stopped breastfeeding already (or pumping) because I have a lot of medical stuff going on (but that’s another story) I’m liking it here at Boni – the downside is that we don’t have much TV (a hazy channel 2!!!!) and that I don’t have regular net access, just the portable Smart Bro which gets so slow sometimes.

Anyway, the purpose of this post is a diaper review! I’m just in that review mode, hehe. We have so far tried 3 brands: Huggies , EQ and Pampers Comfort.

When my aunt and uncle went home from the US last September, they brought with them 2 huge bags of Huggies Snuggles. They were soo cute with the baby Winnie the Pooh designs! This is why during the first few weeks, I really did not use them. I had to give daily diaper supply when Tonyo was in the NICU so I alternated the Huggies that I already had with some store bought Pampers.

However, the NICU used EQ dry whenever Tonyo runs out of diapers (and before I get to bring his supplies) So I am fully aware that he’s not allergic to any of them. I wanted to use EQ because they’re the cheapest ones, but when we brought Tonyo home and I got to do the changes personally, I changed my mind. Pampers Comfort, in my opinion, was true to its promise that for every 2 diapers with a different brand, you only use 1 Pampers diaper.

EQ simply falls apart even while changing (I think it has so many “loose flaps” that go all over the place). It also gets soaking wet and wee wee wets the bed or the baby carrier. I believe it irritates the baby whenever it gets squeezed. The seal is good tho, just like the commercial said: will still stick even with baby powder. The design is a bit blah but that’s not really important.. I got stuck with some EQ diapers when I asked Sam to buy "Pampers" and he thought I meant any diaper. Sigh, just like those "Colgate" , "Gasul" and "Xerox" stuff where people get confused re: the brand and the generic name!




Huggies look extremely comfy and sturdy, and super cute because of the design. It has nice circle Velcro flaps that holds really well! But, like EQ, wee wee also gets squeezed out! Baby’s butt is quite sticky every nappy change.




The best wee wee retainer for us is Pampers! Baby’s bottom is still dry even if the diaper is so heavy already! It really absorbs wee wee away from baby’s skin. Yey! It’s P&G’s gift to mommies. Tho slightly pricier than EQ, I’d rather get Pampers for convenience and comfort! Each diaper features a different animal character each time. What’s not quite good about are the adhesives. You stick it wrong the first time and you’ll have trouble sticking it on again. (I use medical tape when that happens..)





What we use I believe is the local version – we haven’t tried the imported ones but we soon will because my FAFI (former AFI barkada) friends just gave us packs of what looks like the imported kind! (Thanks FAFI!!!)

So there you go, EQ may be cheap , Huggies may be cute and expensive.. but mid-priced Pampers is the winner for mommy and Tonyo!

1 comment:

  1. hi hanna. glad you're enjoying mommy time. Tonyo is getting to be so big and in no time, lalakad na yan. hehe. cherish every milestone. i used pampers with hannah six years ago and now am also using it with jorgina. sulit naman when you think about it. anyway, enjoy mommy time.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails