Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A Few of my Favorite Things

… I simply remember my favorite things, and then I don’t feel so bad….

Haha. From one of my favorite sing-along movies. The song played in my head while I was cooking my beef tapa for lunch. Yep, it’s my 28th birthday today and I had a whole day solo celebration. I planned it on a whim yesterday, and I’m quite glad it went well.

I decided to celebrate with my favorite things. Number one would be staying at home. I like staying home alone. Less expensive, you don’t have to look good and you can make a mess. The weather cooperated too! It was sunny out, but the breeze blowing into our room was really comforting that I didn’t need to turn on lights or even the electric fan.

Favorite Breakfast – I love French toast, so for today I made French toast with banana and cream cheese. Mmmm. This was actually copied from a dish I used to order from the Tower 1 Executive’s Lounge in Ayala (I don’t get to eat there anymore…) My version just lacked the cinnamon and confectioner’s sugar. Ah, but I was still happy.

My dad also bought me my all-time favorite McDonald’s breakfast: Sausage McMuffin with Egg and Hashbrowns. I ate the hashbrowns but saved the muffin for later.(ate half for merienda, and as of now, 8pm, di pa ubos ang other half)

Favorite Pasttime – While waiting for lunch, I surfed the net and looked at old pictures (or what’s left, my hard drive crashed last week) and wrote. Okay, I did a little bit of work – but if it’s writing, it’s no big deal. I still got entertained.

Favorite Lunch – I’m very much a breakfast person so I did Tapsilog for lunch. Hehe. I always buy the pre-marinated tapa from Monterey and it's really, really good.

Favorite Luxury – A pedicure and a massage! At home! I originally wanted to go to the Spa at Bonifacio High Street or to the Neo Spa (also in Global City, heard it was better and cheaper than the Spa) but then that meant getting dressed and walking and getting a cab and going home again (too much work!). I discovered Villa Masaje a while back and they give pretty relaxing massages and fun foot treatments. I booked home foot scrub and pedicure (P280.00) and a preggy-care massage (P300.00). That’s not even one fancy massage at a fancy spa. But I don’t think I’ll get a preggy massage again since it’s pretty useless – they can’t massage your foot, they can’t massage your lower back. But those are the places that hurt!!! Besides, Sam gives better massages ;-)

Favorite Dinner – Lucky that I have some pasta sauce in my pantry and that I have a fresh green pot of romaine lettuce I got from Tagaytay last weekend! So it was a salad and pasta dinner for me. I’m not a good cook so I just sautéed tuna from a can to mix with my 3 cheese sauce.

And... after reading a friend's blog - I decided to make an instant invitation for dinner for two. Which turned out to be Kiel's lunch/merienda/dinner in one. Hehe. Kiel, thanks for celebrating my birthday and eating my spaghetti. (Kiel is the 2nd person outside my small family na nakakain ng luto ko.. okay naman sha so far)

Thanks so much to the people who wrote on my Facebook Wall, to those who emailed, to those who called (Allan , Lukas, Tin ! ) , to those who texted from overseas (Manuel, Nyls), to those who texted texted texted (I spent most of my morning responding to text messages…) , to those who remembered even if it has been a long long time since we talked.... to those who did everything and even to those who forgot (okay lang, I’m bad at birtdays, too!)!!! Remember that there were two of us that you made happy today…

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails