Monday, May 17, 2010

Halfway There...

We're at 20 weeks! Passing the "baby mark" left by our sad loss at 14-18 weeks last year gave us a LOT of relief. I was jittery during the 4th month check up, but was in higher spirits yesterday during our 5th month checkup (especially because Sam was with me :-). Baby gave us a nice, steady heartbeat, which was quite difficult to catch because he/ she kept moving around.

My tummy is already "rounded" , and I have gained around 2 inches around the waist. I now wear my Belly Belt (Sam's happy birthday gift :-) ) and find comfort in stretchy shorts and dresses. I think I am still small for real maternity stuff, and people say it's not a cause of worry because some pregnancies don't show until the 7th month!!!



We are still so afraid of what may happen because we know that there is no way of preventing what might happen (we didn't have any symptoms before) - so we continue to pray our St Raymond of Nonato novena every night - and try to keep the anxiety at bay. Now that we're at 20 weeks, at least our excitement outweighs the worry already!

I was given the go signal for another ultrasound before our 6th month checkup (week of June 15) , and we'll be having gender determination along with a congenital anomaly scan... We are sooo excited. So, what's your guess? Boy or girl? :-)



Photo taken at around 17 weeks, I'm slightly bigger and rounder now.

1 comment:

  1. hi hannah! i'm guessing it's a girl cause you're so pretty. bagay ang pregnancy sayo. hehe. whatever the gender, i'm praying for a healthy baby. i'll send you a novena for mothers if you can forward your email address to me. good luck!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails