Saturday, June 5, 2010

H.A.B

I'm a sucker for freebies. Especially if they come as a complete surprise :-) I was out shopping for a dress yesterday (my old dresses look lumpy already because of my preggy bulges all over, hehe) because I'm set to attend two weddings this season. I wanted to get something that can be accessorized to look formal but is also appropriate for the office. Para tipid.

I swear, the choices are so limited for nice maternity dresses. It's either they're very casual, or very... matronly looking .. or designed for the average Filipina size (which is wayy tiny). Heck, in the US , I can actually fit in "Petite Medium" clothing! I also couldn't find stretchy or empire cut dresses off the no-maternity racks.

So I wandered off to Greenbelt 5, guiltily sliding my budget scale upward. I came across the revamped H.A.B (Havin' a Baby) and LOVED their dresses. I believe some of their stuff can also be worn even if one is not pregnant! I had a hard time choosing between a shimmery formal one (which was beautiful but will look too glamorous for work) and a simple shift dress which can pass for casual/ office/ formal depending on the accessories. The staff at the store were very helpful (BTW, it's the same store where we bought our Belly Belt). In the end, I got the shift dress, which was also within my original budget :-) Am happy.



Then, the surprise came - I got some freebies with my purchase! I got a small canvas tote, two magazines (Mommy Academy and Smart Parenting), a portrait voucher from The Picture Company, a print voucher from the Stork Studio, discount cards from Baby Couture, VMV Hypoallergenics, and Fully Booked, a voucher for a trial music and play class at Gymboree, a baby feeding guide , a Caltrate sample pack.. plus a sample diaper from Drypers. Hehehe. FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails