Thursday, June 10, 2010

Last Monday

(this is a delayed post - I wrote this last Monday , June 7)

I prefer to do my groceries on Mondays, when the mall/ grocery store is not crowded (if you've been to Market! Market! the crowd can be soo overwhelming) . Monday is also “personal grooming” day when I feel like it, because for the same reasons, there are no lines in my favorite kikay places.

This morning, I decided to hitch a ride with my dad to Market! Market! so I can walk around Serendra and Boni High Street before the shops open. I usually walk around our compound but I wanted to window shop. It is very rare anyway that I go inside the shops at Serendra and Boni High so it was fine with me even if they were closed!

My pleasant stroll was interrupted by a very unpleasant call from HSBC saying that I missed my bill last cut-off so I have to pay them immediately so that my account could stay “current” – I was super floored because I didn’t receive my bill to be reminded about that. I know I should be more responsible, but heck I still should have gotten the bill! Then she went on to say that the next bill is due on June 25th BUT if I didn’t pay at least 1k IMMEDIATELY, I will get regular calls from their collections department. GRABE, I felt like such a delinquent! If only some of my utilities aren’t automatically charged to this card, I will really stop using it for convenience. I promise I’ll just fix these and finish my installments and it will be goodbye cards for me. And to think that I just settled a card problem with HSBC when they issued me another card (which I didn’t activate) and then charged me annual dues and (ugh!) late fees!

Anyway, on with my Monday… I just have 3 things to share with you which totally saved my day. Consider this a continuation of a Kikay post. On Saturday, Sam and I (if he gets to go home) will be attending one of his girl mistah’s wedding. I love Sam’s girl classmates because they’re really cool and nice, so I am excited to go to this one. She has resigned from the service (inggit!) and will be relocating to Guam end of June to be with her husband who, if I am not mistaken, is with the US Navy.

I have gained weight and I look bulkier than usual , uh-oh , so I really want to compensate and look nice for that event. I rarely get to dress up lately so I am excited to try and be pretty. So here are my highs for today:

1. Lay Bare Waxing Salon (3rd Floor Market! Market!)

I discovered this last March because I found out that their prices are really affordable and there were good reviews on the Internet. I usually do my legs on my own (hassle and messy!) so I tried Lay Bare. Their staff is fun and great (I’ve met Lyka, Camille and Danica) and will make you feel really comfortable. They also use homemade cold wax made of sugar and honey which greatly reduces the risk of your skin getting burnt. If there’s any hair left, they make sure you’re cleaned up with the use of threading.

This morning I just had my eyebrows groomed through threading (they don’t do eyebrow wax), since my legs are not yet “due”. I don’t think I can ever try a bikini or a brazilian wax because I’ve heard some of the girls in the other cubicles and it sounds soo painful. Anyway, sharing with you some of the basic prices: Half-Leg Wax = P300.00, Underarm Wax = P150.00, Eyebrow Threading = P100.00

(I will gladly go for a bikini or a brazilian if any of you first timer girls can also be there and do it too. Hehe dare?)

2. Bench Fix Lab (2nd Floor Serendra)

Thanks Kiel for telling me that there’s a Fix at Serendra!

I usually go to our neighborhood hairdresser in Laguna ( an old gay “lady” with cropped colored hair named Bonnie. He’s nice but their young gay manicurista is soo noisy, swears a lot, and talks about his boyfriends all the time. P50.00 per haircut, how can I complain?). I search for a (Bench) Fix salon whenever I have extra money and need an extra oomph of service. A haircut at Bonnie’s lasts for about 2 weeks, then my unruly and outrageously thick hair is all over the place already. A haircut at Fix can go uncut for 2-3 months.

I like Fix because I think their employees are really professional and their facilities are funky and clean. I loved my then stylist from Fix Greenbelt (Jenny) and wished that I could afford everything that she wanted me to try ( I hardly pass by Gbelt anymore) . The Fix in Binan closed down already. The Fix at Market! is always so crowded, and not too well maintained. So this morning, I discovered Fix at Serendra and decided to try it. My stylist was a young, cute (gay, I think – he said “Bakla din yata yung sa Market!) guy called Ice who told me he hopes I can grow my hair longer because he feels that it will suit me better. I told him I was hoping that I can do it too – but I just get so annoyed with the growing out stage that I just have it cut anyway.

He fixed my Bonnie-cut hair, carefully adding texture layer by layer. The result is a super nice cut that doesn’t make me look like a boy. We are going to try and grow my hair longer from now on so I promised him I won’t cut and will follow his advise to only go back to him in 3 months. Good Luck.

Haircut at Fix : P250.00 , mental note , go back to Ice mid-September before you give birth.

3. Skechers Shapeups - walking shoes :-)

Naw, I get paid to review this so you’ll have to wait for that one (it's still queued for pricing). If you want to get paid to do honest reviews of stuff you love or love to hate (no need to wait for article requests) , click this link to learn more!

http://www.reviewstream.com/referral_link.php?acc_name=yanna.alfa%40gmail.com

PM me if you have questions about the stuff I wrote here or if you have questions about writing reviews for cash. Also, you may click on my reviews on this blog’s sidebar (left) and rate my reviews on the site!

2 comments:

  1. Nice post!

    To those interested to know more getting a unit in SERENDRA, feel free to contact me anytime.

    Thanks,

    COCO MIDEL
    Ayala Land Premier
    Mobile 0917-50-29252 (0917-50-AYALA)
    Email: midel.jerico@ayalaland.com.ph / coco.ayala@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do not use all of these Private Money Lender here.They are located in Nigeria, Ghana Turkey, France and Israel.My name is Mrs.Ramirez Cecilia, I am from Philippines. Have you been looking for a loan?Do you need an urgent personal or business loan?contact Fast Legitimate Loan Approval he help me with a loan of $78.000 some days ago after been scammed of $19,000 from a woman claiming to be a loan lender from Nigeria but i thank God today that i got my loan worth $78.000.Feel free to contact the company for a genuine financial call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 Email:(fastloanoffer34@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails