Sunday, July 4, 2010

Make Way for Miss Hawaii!

Jalee (USA) , Hanna (Philippines), and Jules (Uganda) hanging around while waiting to know our final cast. Denver, Colorado, 2007


There were about a hundred of us and she was one of the first few people I met during Up With People staging ("staging" meant preparation for the tour, which included workshops and show rehearsals) in July 2007. The way I remember Jalee way back then was that she was this really pretty, smart, bubbly, down to earth, adventurous, kind hearted girl from Hawaii. She had super great stories to tell about doing volunteer work all over the world and even whitewater rafting in the Nile!

Towards the end of staging, she was cast in Cast C (I was in Cast B) -- so we didn't travel together. But still, she was a significant part of my UWP staging.

Fast forward to 2010, thanks to Facebook, I learned that Jalee was crowned Miss Hawaii 2010! I never knew she wanted to be a Miss something ... She looks and sounds so different now. Soo cool and we're all so proud of her! That pageant definitely knew how to pick its winners. I hope I can catch Miss America somewhere here!


Got this from the Miss Hawaii website. I am actually part of this layout , haha! If you look really, really hard. Bottom photo, 3rd from right, arms up, wearing a black shirt and an ethnic print red-orange skirt. I'm guessing Jalee's the one upside down, she was one of the lead dancers in our mixed-cast Arizona show.


Curious? Read about her here: "Miss Hawaii Begins Reign With Service"

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails