Saturday, January 8, 2011

"Is this Me?"

To celebrate LTJG's "new toy" (more about that later) , we watched the movie, "The Blind Side" on DVD. I've seen it before but he hasn't. The first time I watched it I was really crying every 15 minutes or so (I was pregnant + it was a really senti movie). Good thing I was so over it when I watched it again. It was still a good movie, though.

There was a scene in the movie where Leanne (played by Sandra Bullock) was giving Big Mike some shopping tips: "Before you buy anything, you have to ask yourself, 'Is this Me?' , if you don't absolutely love it in the store, don't get it." Or something like that. LTJG looked at me and told me, "Ganun nga Momi, ask yourself, 'Is this Me?'"

LTJG is a better shopper than I am. He knows what he wants and when he buys something, you can see that when he gets home he doesn't have regrets and he will really, really treasure what he bought. Nakakainggit. He always buys the right stuff. Me? It takes me ages to shop and to finally make a decision, and when I get home - I almost always say, "Ay, I should've just bought the other one." Even before Leanne's wisdom, LTJG has always reminded me to always just buy something that I am sure that I really, really love.

So the other day, armed with some gift certificates (served as honoraria for one workshop that my team hosted) , I went on a quest for a black leather bag. I wanted one that would say, "professional" , "corporate" , with some personality. I came home empty-handed. No black bag on the racks ever appealed to me - they all just looked the same! I was always drawn to the brighter, bigger, bolder ones. Therefore, I am probably not a black bag person. Hehe. I didn't want to get a black bag just to conform because it might just end up at the bottom of my closet.

No "me" , no bag. Will think of another way to spend my GCs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails