Monday, February 8, 2010

40 days

2/8/2010

Yesterday, we attended the 40th day of our friend Chris' passing. His wife Peng organized a sweet ceremony with a Sunday mass and lunch at the Libingan ng mga Bayani , Fort Bonifacio. After the mass, 29 people were called upon to share "29 happy memories with Chris" with the people present.

Sam had a hard time picking a memory and ended up sharing lots :-) I wasn't part of the special 29 but as a special tribute, I'd like to share one of my special memories with our Fos-b, aside from him being with Sam during our first date and his first "home visit" .

I quite forgot already when this happened, but this was after they graduated from the PMA and were already assigned as tactical officers in the academy (umm I think?) . I was working in Makati but still went home to Laguna everyday. I was supposed to meet Sam after my office hours, but there was no Sam. No text, no call, no email, no paramdam. It was getting late, I was so mad and frustrated.

Just as I was about to go home, Chris texted me and asked me where I was. I told him I was in Makati, about to go home and soo mad that his mistah stood me up!!! He immediately called me and told me to stay put and that he'll "rescue" this date. He told me he was in the Makati area anyway (found out later that he was actually in QC) . In less than 20 minutes, he was there ... treating me to a KFC dinner and giving me a pep talk on the "unpredictable lives of soldiers" . Thanks to him, I did not wait for nothing and that Sam was sort of saved.

It was probably a few days after that when I received this testimonial from him (Friendster :-) pretty hot back then..) This, I also have to share with his Ate Marge ... his sister that is closest to his heart. So weird that he mentioned "kahit mawala ako sa lupa d nya mararamdaman.".. Posbi - ramdam na ramdam ko po.. :-(

Godspeed Chris, keep smiling, keep wakeboarding, and keep making friends in your heaven.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails