Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Choose Wellness...

Choose Nestle!

Ha. This is not an advertisement. They just play a big part.

Last Saturday, while doing my weekend groceries - a Nestle Wellness representative asked me if I wanted to have a free nutritional analysis. I knew there's a "selling" part, but what the heck - it wasn't everyday that you get to talk to a nutritionist. They took my BP, my height, my weight, and (augh) my waistline (which I haven't even checked since, well, 2008 - basta kasya pa, isusuot ko). She computed for my body mass index (BMI) and ideal weight-for-height.

I am overweight (though the nutritionist told me it didn't show, thank God) ... I won't reveal my real weight, but let's just say my ideal weight should be betweeen 110-134 lbs. I told her I "just gave birth" , but at the back of my mind I knew that I should stop using that as an excuse because Tonyo is now 5 months old!

I was also told to increase my calcium intake (insert "try Nesvita lowfat milk" here) since I am 28 years old already (read: getting old) and just gave birth. She said milk in my coffee counts, hehe. I also have to lose x number of inches from my waistline in order to be taken out of the high-health risk category (there's a science to that, of course). I need to moderate my food intake and eat more healthy stuff. I need exercise. Brisk walking should be enough (but I badly want to try the Spa's Barre 3, ang mahal lang :oP!!! hello, I need a health and wellness buddy!)



She gave me some reference materials, a tape measure (!!! which is color-coded, tells you when you are dangerously large !!! ) , calorie converter, and a small monthly weight tracker.

Sigh. I feel so sad when I look at them- but inspired as well. Today, I am sick again (Sam even took me to the E.R last night. BTW, we didn't like St Luke's Global's service. That's another story) - and I know I have to get my health back on track. I stopped taking some of my food supplements when I got pregnant, and even if I get back on them again -- I know I still have to change my health and lifestyle habits. I don't smoke or drink -- but I think my late nights doing my hobbies are not healthy as well. Boo.

I don't have a diet plan in mind right now, I'll figure that out through tiny adjustments day-by-day. Goodluck to me on my path to wellness!!!

P.S. -- I know their evaluation is not fake and that they are not trying to sell me stuff. Sam got tested as well and got normal everything. Mag - Navy SEAL na lang kaya ako????

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails