Saturday, August 3, 2013

Insta-Love :-)

Well, hello there.
I've been crushing on the Fuji Instax Cameras since I first saw them in Singapore last year. They weren't cheap , around Php 5,000 each. Not to mention its life cycle cost of film (Php 500/ 10 shots -- that's a whopping Php 50.00 per credit card size instant gratification) + AA batteries.

When I saw it selling on Groupon at around 4,000 -- I was instantly tempted. However, based on my experience in the group buying site, I ALWAYS find something cheaper after I buy a Groupon offer. So I decided to do my research...

I found http://cutegadgets.sulit.com.ph/ , operated by Rozy. And I was hooked :-) Indeed, my Instax Mini 8 was Php3,750. And to top it off, she had packages with film included. It was a good deal , and the lowest deal I could find on the Internet.

"Our camera with 2 packs of film and original pouch is already on promo price The at 4200php. brown leather case is 650php separately. I am sorry but we don't have any other promos aside from the ones published, however I can give you a 150php discount without the pouch since you won't be needing it if you have a leather case so total for your order:
 
Camera with pouch and 20 films= 4200
Leather case =650
Shipping =50
Php 4900 - 150 discount= Php 4750 "

I paid through BPI and was promised overnight delivery. We had a bit of an issue with the delivery, it took about 2 days rather than the promised overnight - but that's no biggie for me (hey I was a seller once, too - so I forgive these little things :-)

I got the package on a Monday, a few hours before I had to leave for Davao. In my excitement, I actually put the film in wrong end first! Thankfully, I was able to take it out again. (Quite a scare!)

Oh what fun :-) Here's my first photo , taken in my hotel room in Davao, with some light compensation. The Instax Mini 8 has an automatic lighting guide that guides you on which setting to pick. What's a bit challenging is the viewfinder, it takes quite a while getting used to because there has to be a certain angle before you see your subject. A bit worrisome when you are asking someone to take your photo !

Might be a bit too bright. But I like the vintage feel :-)

I look forward to days with my Instax. It's a good sentimental tool , which allows you to plan out pictures (or risk wasting expensive film!) , and prevent them from rotting in a dark corner of your hard drive. This newfound analogue love has made me consider going back to my Canon film SLR (when I find it) , and has me crushing on Lomo - a Diana Mini. Sigh.


At Blu Gre Cafe , Davao City with my friend Carla -- the photo is now on her desk at work!


A tiny album of memories. I brought my Instax to my cousin's going away party. I used a business card holder as an album. Good gift idea!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails