Thursday, August 30, 2012

A Conversation I Want Preserved

I have been a bad mom by not documenting everything that Tonyo is doing! I used to be sooo good at it :-(

Anyway, last night's conversation was a good one. Just an update, Tonyo is turning two this September and we are just AMAZED at his ability to retain stuff. He knows na his letters , can count 1-10, knows all his favorite cartoons, operates the iPad better than my mom, etc etc.

So last night I was telling him that I watched Cars 2 and found out that the blue toy car that we have was really a main character... Tonyo walks to his toy box and looks for it..

Tonyo: Mommy, waya (wala) dito!

(looks some more)

Tonyo: Ayun!

(turns it over, turns on the switch that makes it play sounds and move -- nothing happens)

Tonyo: Ay, bakit waya?

(By this time, Mommy is in awe already. He shakes it a little bit... turns off and on again. Then it finally works)

Tonyo: Ayuuuun!

(Baby squeals and plays)

At barely two ,, he wonders already why toys don't work, he wonders already why I didn't bring iPad home, he asks me "Bakit daddy waya?" like a strict person, asks me to sit down and "layo tayo mommy" , asks me to get him his books or toys, asks me to identify numbers / letters/ animals , tests my patience and sense of humor by pretending not to know stuff. OMG I am hooked!

Love you Tonyo!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails