Friday, November 26, 2010

The one that got away... ;-)

Two of my highschool batchmates just got married (to each other!) They've been dating for 12 years (so their invitation said, I've lost count) and we've all been waiting for the "big day". They were one of the few (if any?) surviving couples from our batch since high school.

I wasn't able to go to the celebration because I was still uncomfortable with my stitches then. But my dad was there because he was also Ninong. The girl and I weren't really that close back in high school , but my dad and her dad were fraternity brods. I would consider the guy a close friend since he lived nearby and we used to hang out with other "dorm-dwellers" after school. We also loved to hang out at his house (always open to visitors)... so we were no strangers to his parents.

During the wedding, my dad met the guy's dad. When Tito Kaying found out that I was my father's daughter, he reportedly exclaimed... "Si Hanna? Hanna Fernando? Yan yung gusto ko paligawan kay Caloy dati eh!" My dad was so surprised that he called me just to tell the story. Later on during the parents' speeches... Tito Kaying again mentioned that there were 3 girls he liked for his son to court "sana" back then ... Gmeleen (our class valedictorian, now a lawyer), Lea (daughter of former UP President Emil Javier, now happily married and residing in Canada) and.. Hanna (now.. what?) . But of course, Tito Kaying also said that if he knew Chel (the bride!) back then, he would have liked her as well :-) Bumawi!

It was flattering :-) Caloy and I were never romantically linked so it was also funny that his dad remembered me. Anyway, I consider Caloy and Michelene "it" couple of our batch. Showbiz royalty :-) I heard it was a fantastic event and the two honeymooned in EUROPE! From time to time they uploaded photos in FB showing happy photos from Venice, Switerland, Paris, Greece.

Sheesh, sarap!!! (Joke ito... ) Sana nga ako na lang .. hahaha. What should one do to afford all those?

Anyway.. CONGRATULATIONS you two!!! You had us wait long enough for the wedding, don't wait too long for the little 'uns!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails